Sundarban Expedition – In Search of Legendary Royal Bengal Tiger.
Are you still waiting for the dream shot of Legendary Royal Bengal Tiger? Want to capture the rare moment of swimming, jumping to the narrow creeks, or natural habitat shot of Swamp tiger, and then your search will end.
If you are a hardcore Professional Wildlife photographer / Wildlife enthusiastic/ Passionate nature photographer or researcher, then UNESCO World Heritage Site Sundarbans is waiting for you with a bucket of adventures.
Every photographer’s dream is to capture the mighty beast of the mangrove once in his/her life.
The mysterious mangroves welcome all and sundry but what lurks underneath is once in a lifetime experience.
The swampy land is the abode of the Royal Bengal tiger, like a king they tread and, we onlookers strive to get a glimpse of the scene, experiencing his majesty in an enchanting Sundarban Tour.
Tiger sighting is dependent on luck. But it will make it a reality if you are planning in a right but ethical way. Sundarban Wildlife Expedition, a group of wildlife enthusiastic people is doing this job very passionately for the last ten years.
Every wildlife photography tour is all about patience, waiting for the action & clicking the camera button in a spilled second for freezing the rare moment.
This wildlife national park is home to reach flora and fauna. Protector of social and wildlife communities mangroves of Sunderban delta are spread over 40,000km.
This is home to the world’s largest mangrove forest and one of the largest reserves of Royal Bengal Tigers. The delta houses include reptiles, birds, invertebrate species, and salt-water crocodiles. This swampy ecoregion is open for travel enthusiasts around the year from sunrise till sunset. This is “A lifetime opportunity for photographers to capture the enigmatic wildlife and woods.”
The challenging habitat and environment put the wild in a difficult and tough situation as they fight the water and swampy land. But you don’t have to worry as our guided photography tour will put you on a pedestal as you capture the mannerisms of the royal stripes strolling in the vast land of Sundarban.
Sunderban delta is riveting, thrilling, and mysterious so will be your trip a roller coaster ride with guaranteed enriching moments.
Given the magnitude of the world’s largest delta, housing varieties of wildlife, Sundarban throws a challenge at every wildlife photographer who seeks to capture the enchanting, mystic, and riveting moments. The wildlife game gets intense and tough in Sundarban. Not every wildlife photographer is fortunate to get amazing shots in their first go. We as tour guides ensure that the challenging scenario turns into a comforting space for the photographers.
The Wildlife photo safaris Fund would not only help the locals to take an active part in the Sundarbans tiger safari tour but also create awareness and knowledge about them that people can now easily experience and photograph with us.
Dive in the wilderness of Sundarban – Uncover the lens and earn your Stripes!
|September, 2021||13 – 18, 28 – 03|
|October, 2021||28 – 02|
|November, 2021||10 – 15, 26 – 01|
|December, 2021||11 – 15|
|January, 2022||09 – 14, 25 – 30|
|February, 2022||08 – 13, 23 – 28|
|March, 2022||09 – 14, 24 – 29|
|April, 2022||08 – 13, 22 – 27|
Precautions for COVID 19
- Regular Thermal Screening test for Guest, Boat Crew, Manager before the tour.
- We will provide Face Mask for all Guests.
- Daily Boat Sanitization.
- To ensure Social distancing, tourist capacity shall be reduced by 50% in Boat.
- Fully Sanitized Car for pickup & drop service (Chargeable).
Day 1 : Keeping in mind that it is always a great option to start the day as early as possible when entering the mainland of Sundarban adventure.
A mesmerizing 3-hour long journey will bring us to our first halt at Gadhkhali. The location from where we will board our adventurous Cruise.
We suggest our visitors arrive a night before the original date of commencement to ensure a longer period to get hold of the place. Our tour manager & forest guide will get the advanced forest permits from the Sajnekhali forest office.
An exciting time to start the adventurous voyage in the woods. Table talks are a must during dinner. At the table, we strategize the plan for the coming 5 days.
For our visitor’s convenience, we also arrange for a pick and drop from any location within Kolkata with a minimal charge, or our visitors have the option to reach Godkhali Ferry Ghat for the Wildlife Tour start point.
Spend the night on our beautiful “LA FIESTA” boat designed especially for a comfortable stay. This boat will be our abode for the coming 5 days.
Till the time we dive into the wilderness, our tour manager & forest guide will get the forest permits from the Sajnekhali forest office. Feeling the vibes of woods, we shall stay put until our boat is off the hook.
Day 2 –
After a short relaxing night for the visitor, on the day first day of the adventure, we will be heading towards the entry point at the very first hour of the day, experiencing the beautiful early morning gazes into the Sundarban National Park.
The alarm is set for 5 AM. We wake up with fresh vigor and excitement, time to freshen up, and have our beverages (tea/coffee) by 5:30 AM, and start our cruise right after sunrise.
Sundarban safari timings are set from sunrise to sunset; we have an extra advantage as we spent our night on the Houseboat.
Within a stipulated 30 minutes we will face the jungle – The entry junction. We walk in tandem with jungle timing when in the jungle do as wild does. As we cruise the entire day through creeks and canals.
On our first day on this Sundarban Photography Tour for the best Tiger safari INDIA, we dedicate ourselves to finding the Tiger pugmarks in the woods for clarity of their location. We also touch with other government guides who are also doing photo safari in other boats simultaneously.
This will make this trip an easier one, tracking the tigers in this tiger safari India, at ease.
This system is built so as to avoid a second-day hassle and starting the day with the estimated location, making it way more interesting and less time-consuming; our visitors can even have more time to spend on experiencing the beautiful sight of the big cats.
The thrilling day will host several enthralling activities as we embark on numerous creeks, canals, and rivers.
Our eyes are set on the Royal Bengal tiger but Sunderban boasts a wide gamut of species across the region including other animals and birds too.
Breakfast & lunch on the boat will be an enchanting experience. Gorging on a delicious meal on the steady cruising boat.
As the sun sets in the west, we will be out of the woods and anchor at human habitation in proximity.
What better you can ask for, post-sunset we chill together and reminisce the beautiful and captivating moments we lived throughout the day looking at captured moments and sightings. We end our day with a sumptuous dinner at the earliest and bid adieu to the dark night.
Day 3 –
To make this day perfectly crafted for absorbing the wildlife photography tour, our visitors spend the first night on the boat comfortably.
With the first rise of the day, our cruise will accompany our guests to the entry gate of the forest for this Wildlife Tour for Wildlife photography in India, a part of the wildlife holidays. Sunrise is the perfect time for all our photographer friends to click the panoramic beauty of the forest area creating their dream wild photography.
The alarm is set for 5 AM. We wake up with fresh vigor and excitement, time to freshen up, and have our beverages (tea/coffee) by 5:30 AM, and kickstart our cruise right after sunrise.
We walk in tandem with the jungle as we cruise through creeks and canals to encounter tiger movements. The narrow creeks and canals happen to be fancy chances wherein Royal Bengal Tigers are encountered the most. The constant calculation about wild movements paves the way for us steering towards watch towers at Dobanki and Sudhanyakhali. The forest guide will introduce and inform us about rich species of mammals and birds apart from Royal cats.
The incessant update and quick calculations about the forest strengthen our chances in the woods. Our itinerary for the following day remains the same as the previous day.
Things to keep in mind –
We should be ready for all sort of situation and our visitors need to understand the importance of knowing the place a little bit avoiding the unknown during our Indian Tiger Safari
- We will be getting up close with varied different species throughout this journey of wildlife tour through wild photography including the Leopard Cat, Jungle Cat, Fishing Cat and reptiles like King Cobra and green pit viper – It’s a sure shot that our visitors should not be missing on the best tiger safari in India.
- Unlike other trips this is just not about an adventure, our visitors might be able to know about the one and only Bengal Tiger by observing them. Since there is always a hide and seek that the animals play with us as they can see us when we are on the water. This might help our visitors experience the grand presence of these big cats. Helping many wildlife photographers understand the foundation of this Wildlife Photography Tour.
- Sundarban wildlife tour photography has been marked as one of the best places for clicking your best shot and cherishing it for your whole life.
Day 4 –
Clicking any species or animals has never been that easy and we at this Wildlife Photography Tour have carved our needs to the needs of the forest and the surroundings.
We will be accompanied by the local Guide and Crew member who will know by this time the location to get that perfect site of the tiger in this Tiger Safari India Tour.
Our wildlife photographer visitors will be able to catch the glimpse of these animals including the Royal Bengal Tiger, the deer, and many other animals without missing a beat. It is definitely a precious site for many. We have left our visitors free during the evening for a followed day’s plan of action.
Day 5 –
The forest permits are issued for a maximum of 3 days, therefore on the fourth day of our enthralling journey, we will start the journey at the earliest.
We leave the forest to renew our permits for the last 2 days from the Sajnekhali forest office.
If you were not lucky enough to experience it on Day 3, you are still not missing anything, we have planned our trip’s inconvenience to the forest norms keeping it flexible for our visitors to grab hold of the best possible clicks.
It is said by a famous photographer that “you need to wait and co-operate, spend time to get that perfect shot when the animals are comfortable with you” and that is one of the reasons we believe in putting a little more effort looking for those beautiful creatures including the missed animals and click those colorful 260 different bird species trying to escape your site.
This Wildlife Photography Tour specially designed for not just experiencing the Royal Bengal Tiger but also the other gifts of nature and wildlife photography tours includes Estuarine Crocodiles and Indian Python – the rarest and the most one of the most venomous species existing on the planet.
Our local guide will be appointed especially in working towards the need of the visitor’s idea of a pleasing photograph – You can also spot the magnificent site of many birds like mangrove Pitta, mangrove Whistler, Peregrine falcon, Grey haded lapwing, changeable hawk-eagle, crested serpent eagle, Brahminy kites, white billed Sea Eagle, Sikra, Buffy fish owl.
This is also the time when you can experience the kingfisher like Brown winged kingfisher, Rudy kingfisher, Black-capped kingfisher, and many more. “Kingfisher with Fish in Beak” can be one of the most exciting sites during this trip.
Day 6 –
Day 5 always is a day of mixed feelings between something that going to end and starting to cherish the moment one has spent here looking out for those breathtaking captures through our lenses. From the woods to the uncertain glance of the natural mother, we will wait to see more through the sunrise to the sunset. Everything small little things that were left behind in the search for the main adventure is what will be our focus for the last day. Few captivating sceneries and animals around the wide shot of the scenery will secure our day in the woods.
Something to look forward to – While the last day marks the end, we have in store the beautiful cruise trip way back to Ghodkhali indulging in capturing and experiencing the dusk – the sun going down and building the picture-perfect landscapes to die for leaving your heart warm and heavy. Enjoying the blissful site of Rural Bengal and finally reaching the mainland of Kolkata – the light, the rush, and happiness. The unabating ending of the Sundarban Wildlife Photography in India Tour.
Let your inner curious child come into the picture with the exciting and fantasizing trip to the Wildlife Photography Tour with Sundarban Wildlife Photography Tour, capturing the memories of the best tiger reserve in India at the remarkable Sundarban Photo Tours.
Sundarban Wildlife Photo Safaris highlights & updates –
- If you are looking for a “wildlife tours near me” then this is a complete 5/3 days Wildlife Photo Safaris tour with no halts cruising through the major creeks of the national park of Sundarban attempting to cover the major and the minor sighting
- Expert at work – More than 10 Year Experience guide come photographer Samir Sarkar, alongside best Forest Guide experience making this a major success.
- To celebrate the wildlife photography holidays we have our own ‘LA FIESTA’ cruise with 6 cylinder engine for fast movement, minimal noise, and less pollution.
- This wildlife photography tour is designed by the joint effort of a team for the best wildlife holidays, comprising of experts photographers, naturalist, and a local guide.
- We will be accompanied by the crew member who was either a fisherman or a honey collector before, their experience enriches in this Tiger Safari India Tour.
- Telephoto lenses preferably above 400mm.
- Wide – angle lenses for landscapes and habit shots.
- Extra Camera batteries and memory cards.
- Mosquito repellents (If you wish to).
- Sunscreen lotions.
- Forest – friendly clothing.
Species to Photograph
- Mammals like – Royal Bengal Tiger, jungle cat, Fishing cat, Leopard cat, Oriental Small-Clawed otter, Oriental Small-clawed Oter, Irrawaddy Dolphin, Spotted deer.
- Reptile Like – Estuarine crocodiles, Water Monitor Lizard, King cobra, Red-tailed (Bamboo) Pit Viper.
- Winter birds like Brown-winged kingfisher, black-capped kingfisher, Peregrine falcon, Grey-headed Lapwing,
- Monsoon birds like Ruddy kingfisher, Mangrove pitta, Mangrove Whistler.
- Birds which can be seen round the year are – Collared kingfisher, Lesser adjutant stork, Brahminy kite, Changeable hawk eagle, Crested serpent eagle, osprey, Shikra, White-bellied sea eagle, Lesser Yellownape, Changeable Hawk Eagle (both dark and pale morphs), White-browed Scimitar Babbler, Chestnut- capped Babbler, and Buffy Fish Owl.
The Safari Boat
What is so Exceptional about our Wildlife Expeditions Safari Boat?
Our sole love of this Sundarban Wildlife Photography in India Tour for the Wildlife Expeditions is our very own creation – our cruise – “LA FIESTA,” a camouflaged, totally unnoticeable object build to hide in the woods. This helps us to move even closer to our creatures without getting noticed. Our skillful and competent workers have put a lot of effort to build this specialized boat, keeping in mind the nature of the forest.
Features to look for when on the cruise for the Wildlife Expeditions –
- 6 Cylinder Boat – Our cruise is a 6 cylinder boat with less vibration- making it a perfect match for a wildlife photographer to take that clear click. Our visitors can take their best shot without any engine noise and no shaking whatsoever
- No seepage issues because of the brilliant work done towards the construction of the cruise.
- Our “LA FIESTA” comes with an added advantage called the smooth reversible gear, helping the cruise to move in all directions within spilled seconds. This always helped our photographer visitors take that quick shot whenever required.
- The inbuilt Genset and Back-up battery helps our wildlife photographers take those uninterrupted photographs for days without running out of those batteries and posting the photos on time while keeping their laptops and phones charged all the time.
- Our Cruise is divided into two decks – Upper and Lower – Lower Deck is solely prepared to keep in mind the need to rest after a hectic shoot day. Though in a system of the dormitory, still separating it with the other beds with the help of curtains on each side and window on the other side, ensuring privacy while you are charging up for the next morning of the best safari in India.
- Keeping in mind the safety and security, our upper deck is protected with the complete construction of the railing on all sides.
- Our Upper Deck also has a tent for up to 3 -4 visitor simultaneously
Note – We do not prefer more than 8 to 10 visitor while on the trip maintaining the sanity and interest of the trip – lesser the people, more the silence.
Price & inclusion
Price: INR 23,900/- per participant inclusive of all taxes. 25% of the amount needs to be paid as a booking fee (non-refundable). Balance 75% to be paid 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Pax – 23,900/-
- 4 Pax – 29,900/-
- 2 Pax – 42,900/-
Cost Includes –
- 5N Accommodation in Houseboat.
- All permission, Guide charges, Entry fees.
- Night stay at Boat.
- All Meals.
- Mineral Water.
- Video Camera Charges wherever applicable
- Any extra Meals
Cost Excludes –
- Kolkata to Kolkata by car transfer
- Hotel Accommodation (if any).
- Tips to Guides/ Crew member.
- Movie Camera Charges.
- Any item not mentioned in the “inclusion” list.
Cancellation Policy –
- All cancellation requests must be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org The refund policy mentioned below will be applicable to an amount outside of the 25% booking amount.
- All cancellations before 90 days from the departure date: 100% refund.
- All cancellations between 60 – 90 days from the departure date: 50% refund.
- All cancellations between 31 – 59 days from the departure date: 25% refund
- All cancellations within 30 days from the departure date: No refund can be made. We are sorry!